Robert Ginsburg's written work on foreign direct investment and international trade projects has been published in academic and professional journals. Robert's experiences in risk management, international political economy, and international law offer a fresh perspective on dynamic issues that drive decisions at the executive level of MNEs. Using a multidisciplinary approach, Robert recommends innovative strategies for managing complex issues and demonstrates how they can be implemented. His work appears in the Journal of World Investment and Trade and two publications that are affiliated with Columbia Law School in New York City.
Robert Ginsburg, Bilateral Investment Treaties and Political Risk Insurance: Making the Connection, 14 Journal of World Investment & Trade 943 (2013).
Robert Ginsburg, Legitimizing Expectations in Arbitration through Risk Assessments, Columbia Law FDI Perspectives (2015)
Robert Ginsburg, Risk Management and Investor-State Disputes, Yearbook International Investment Law and Policy 2013-2014, Oxford University Press (2015)
Robert Ginsburg, The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (full chapter) in Compliance in Financial Markets: A Casebook, ed. Felice Batlan (Chicago-Kent College of Law, forthcoming 2018)
Robert Ginsburg, International Investment Law: A Primer, Annual Review of Civil Litigation 2018, (forthcoming 2017)
Robert Ginsburg often participates on panels and delivers presentations to academics and practitioners on issues related to risk management, political economy, and international business/law. From discussions with corporate decision makers on international expansion strategies to lectures on risk management in emerging markets at universities and government agencies, Robert's presentations are concise, informative and tailored to the interests of his audiences.
A sample of the venues where Robert has been asked to present includes University of Chicago Law School, McGill University and US Department of State.
• Foreign Direct Investment, Export Risk, and International Arbitration, presented to the U.S. Department of State’s Office of the Legal Adviser (August 23, 2011)
• Presenter, Safeguarding Foreign Direct Investments in Emerging Market Countries, McGill Law Arbitration Society, (October 20, 2014)
• Presenter, Country Risk Analysis and Foreign Investment in Cuba, presented to University of Chicago Law School
(February 6, 2015)
• Panelist, MBAA International Conference, Legitimizing Expectations in Cross Border Disputes, Chicago, IL
(March 24, 2015)
• Panelist, Location Decisions of Multinational Enterprises: Markets, Cities, or Clusters, Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, DK (Department of Strategic Management and Globalization (May 11-12, 2015)
• Panelist, Managing Cross-Border Risk, Fletcher Symposium on Managing Political Risk, Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Medford, MA (March 10, 2017)